* All projects submitted must adhere to social distancing recommendations currently followed by the City. This may be subject to change by the time October arrives and we will adhere to whatever recommendations are being followed at that time, but for now please submit based on current recommendations.
* In-person projects must be able to offer 6 ft distancing from all volunteers, require masks, and a hand-washing or sanitizing area. Any tools must be used only by one person or sanitized between uses.
* Any snacks and drinks offered must be pre-packaged and be offered by one designated person passing them out while wearing gloves.
* Outdoor projects are preferred. We also recommend splitting your project into shifts in order to keep the number of volunteers low but accommodate more people.
* Other safety guidelines may be communicated prior to project day.
Virtual projects, kits or collection drives are also encouraged.
* Virtual projects can be activities or trainings. (List of virtual project examples is below)
* Kits can be created for volunteers to pick up and create. Encouragement cards for clients, pet enrichment toys, etc.
Virtual project ideas:
* Cards of encouragement for clients
* Schedule phone calls for isolated seniors or Veterans, etc.
* Virtual BINGO, book reading, DIY craft or other game or activity
* Offer a "how-to" video or Zoom call. How to help beautify your community, how to help create equality and justice, how to reduce waste, etc.
Have questions? Email [email protected]