Is my United Way contribution tax deductible?

Yes, you may claim a tax credit for cash contributions you make to United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona, which is a 501(c)(3) Qualifying Charitable Organization. The credit is available only to individuals and families.  You report the name of the qualifying charitable organization you donated to as well as the dollar amount of your donation. United Way will provide you with a receipt (required by the IRS) for any donation of $250 or more. UWTSA does not provide a tax receipt for payroll deduction donations, your final pay stub should have your payroll deduction donation information.  For more information on how to claim your tax credit, please contact your tax advisor.