WOMEN UNITED is a global movement of more than 70,000 diverse women leaders. Founded and led by women,
WOMEN UNITED recognizes the enormous power and influence of women in philanthropy. Over the past 15 years, women leaders across the country have collectively raised more than $1.5 billion for their local communities.
Women have historically been leaders of social change through their steadfast commitments of time, ingenuity and financial resources.
WOMEN UNITED is a powerful network inspiring women to be role models of generosity, advocates for important causes and volunteers for change.
WHAT WE DO
Women United combines the financial power and collective talents of philanthropic women leaders to address early childhood literacy in our community by conducting year-round activities such as book fairs, volunteer reading events, book drives and distributions, networking events and volunteer projects. Women United also hosts our signature event, the Annual Business Leaders for Early Education Breakfast.
WHY WE DO THIS
United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona (UWTSA) is focused on Uniting a Force Against Poverty in our community. Women United recognizes that early childhood education is an efficient and effective investment for economic and workforce development. The earlier the investment, the greater the return on investment, because 90% of a child’s brain development occurs by age 5.
- Only 41% of third-grade children are proficient in reading and writing as measured by the Arizona Measurement of Educational Readiness to Inform Teachers (AZ MERIT) in 2016.
- Students who fail to reach this critical milestone often falter in later grades and drop out before earning a high school diploma.
- In 2015, 17.1% of 16-24-year-olds were not in school or working.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
JOIN US. Membership is open to all women who invest $1,000 or more in United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona.
- Women United Membership Recognition
- Complimentary ticket to the Annual Business Leaders Breakfast for Early Education
- Women United Members-Only Event Invitations
- Networking and Professional Development Opportunities
- Committee Service and Leadership Opportunities
Please join us!
Women United, Chair
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, call Angy Shearer at 520.903.3931 or email [email protected]
Watch our video from our 2019 Business Breakfast for Early Education HERE
WOMEN UNITED EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- Tracy Benson
- Mary Bouley
- Staycee Conklin
- Lindy Cote
- Lori Cotten
- Angela Coyle
- LaVonne Douville
- Linda Drake
- Dolores Duran-Cerda
- Lynne Wood Dusenberry
- Heidi Elizondo
- Aimee Graves
- Ellen Howlett
- Daisy Jenkins
- Adaline Klemmedson
- Deborah Maher
- Cat Merrill
- Kerry Milligan
- Lorraine Morales
- Kassondra Silva
- Lisa Owens-Sredzinski
- Calline Sanchez
- Anna Spitz
- Allison Titcomb
- Jenny Volpe
- Arika Wells